INVITATION TO TENDER
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR PROVISION OF MEDICAL INSURANCE SERVICES
FOR LAKE VICTORIA BASIN COMMISSION
TENDER NO. LVBC/SVCS/18-19/01
Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) is a specialized Institution of East African Community that is responsible for coordinating the sustainable development agenda of the Lake Victoria Basin. The establishment of the Commission is provided for under Article114 of the Treaty for Establishment of the East African Community (1999).
The Commission wishes to invite tenders from Underwriters to provide Medical Insurance services for a period of three (3) years subject to annual performance evaluation and satisfactory performance. The initial contract commences in the financial year beginning 2018/19 and as per the tender details.
- Tenderers will provide the following information: Company name, Contact person, Telephone, Mobile Number, and Email, Physical and Postal address, Current Trading License, Certificate of Registration/Incorporation, Tax Identification Number (TIN) and Tax Certificate. Also, Bank details must be included; Company Account Name, Account Number, Name of bank, and any other relevant information.
- Tenders shall be quoted in United States Dollars (USD) or EAC partner states local currency and tenders should clearly indicate the VAT where applicable. The prices quoted will remain fixed throughout the contract period.
- The Commission will not pay or reimburse any expense incurred by any entity intending to bid in response to this tender.
- The bid should be valid for a minimum of ninety (90) days effective from the closing date of bid submission unless otherwise specified.
- Any request for clarification must be received by the Commission in writing at least Five (5) days before the deadline for submission of tenders.
- The closing date is Friday, 15th June 2018 at 11.00 a.m, local time followed by public opening for bidders or representatives who choose to attend.
- Please note, the Commission is not bound to accept the lowest or any other bid and any canvassing will be used as grounds for disqualification.
- Only bidders from the East African Community Partner States are eligible to bid.
- Up to the point of signature, the LVBC may either abandon the procurement or cancel the award procedure, without the candidates or Tenderers being entitled to claim any compensation. This decision must be substantiated and the candidates or Tenderers notified.
- Bidders are requested to submit two (2) copies plus the original of their bids. Bidders are requested to seal separately the financial proposal and the Technical proposal.
- Sealed bids must be submitted in one original, two copies and in a plain envelope, clearly marked ‘TENDER FOR PROVISION OF MEDICAL INSURANCE SERVICES FOR LVBC – TENDER NO. LVBC/SVCS/18- 19/01’ and be delivered to the LVBC Tender box addressed to:
Attention: Secretary, Procurement Committee
East African Community
Lake Victoria Basin Commission
New Nyanza Regional Headquarters, 13th floor
P. O. Box 1510 - 40100
Telephone Number: +254 57 2023894/2023873, +254 57 2026344
Telegraphic, Fax, E-mail or any other form of electronic submissions will not be accepted.
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the East African Commission on the address given above from 8.30am to 4.00 pm during working days/hours or through email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. Any changes or modifications will be communicated on the LVBC and EAC Websites: www.lvbcom.org and www.eac.int.
The website will be updated regularly and it is the Tenderers' responsibility to check for updates and modifications during the tendering period.