MULTINATIONAL LAKE VICTORIA MARITIME COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSPORT (MLVMCT) PROJECT SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN) – IFB No: LVBC/WKS/AfDB/22-23/01
EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
LAKE VICTORIA BASIN COMMISSION
MULTINATIONAL LAKE VICTORIA MARITIME COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSPORT (MLVMCT) PROJECT
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN)
Date: 29th July 2022
Loan/Financing No: 2100150036245 (Tanzania) and 2100150036246 (Uganda)
IFB No: LVBC/WKS/AfDB/22-23/01
- This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for thisProject that appeared in United Nations Development Business online (UNDB online) of 16 December 2016, and on the African Development Bank’s Internet Website (www.afdb.org).
- The Governments of the Republic of Uganda and the United Republic of Tanzania have received a loan from the African Development Bank (ADF) in various currencies towards the cost of Multinational Lake Victoria Maritime Communications and Transport (MLVMCT) Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan/financing will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Design and Build the Regional Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre (MRCC) in Mwanza, Tanzania.
- The EAC Lake Victoria Basin Commission now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the construction and completion of Designs and Construction of the Regional Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre which includes Designs Development (Architectural and Engineering Designs and Bills of Quantities) and undertake the construction of the facility to the required standards. (hereinafter called “the Works”). International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the Bank’s Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of EAC Lake Victoria Basin Commission, Owuor Otiende Road, Off Kenyatta Highway, New Nyanza Regional Headquarters, 13th floor, Kisumu, Kenya, Telephone: +254 57 2023873; Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com or access from the websites www.lvbcom.org or www.eac.int
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested bidders upon the submission of a written application to the said Executing Agency, and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of USD $100 (United States Dollars One Hundred).
- The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions are those of the Bank’s Standard Bidding Document for Procurement of Works, Smaller Contracts.
- Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 11.00 a.m local time on 15 September 2022 and must be accompanied by a security of USD $80,000 (United States Dollars Eighty Thousand only) or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency in form of a Bank Guarantee.
- Bids shall remain valid for 120 days after the deadline for bid submission prescribed above.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 11.30 a.m local time on 15 September 2022, at the offices of:
East African Community
Lake Victoria Basin Commission
P. O. Box 1510 – 40100
Owuor Otiende Road, Off Kenyatta Highway
New Nyanza Regional Headquarters, 13th floor