Lake Victoria Basin Environmental Research and Scientific Conference,
15th-16th February, 2017
Theme: Harnessing Science and Research for Improved Collaborative Management of Transboundary Resources: Case for the LVB"
Over the last six years, LVEMP II has been implementing activities in the Lake Victoria Basin geared toward collaborative environmental management and livelihood improvement. Much Data and information has been generated by the project and other stakeholders that informs the sustainable development agenda for the basin. This conference therefore, brings together these actors to share Knowledge and experiences in relation to: sustainable watershed management; socio-economic and governance issues; water resources management, pollution control and prevention; Fisheries resource management and aquaculture development and future sustainable development in the context of climate change. This will help inform future interventions in the basin.
To inform programming, policy development and partnerships within the Lake Victoria Basin.
- To contribute to a knowledge base in the LVB;
- To disseminate achievements of LVEMP II to improve future programming;
- To provide an opportunity for leveraging resources for sustainable development of LVB;
- To provide a forum for networking amongst states and non-state actors in the Basin and beyond;
- A rich pool of data, knowledge and information generated to inform programming, policy development and partnerships within the Lake Victoria Basin;
- Increased visibility of LVEMPII achievements;
- Enhanced partnerships to support LVBC and Partner States activities geared towards the sustainable development;
- Identified priority intervention areas for further programming to ensure sustainability.