The liberalization of telecommunication and postal services has attracted considerable investors in the Partner States within the Lake Victoria Basin. However there is still a wide scope for coverage especially in the rural areas. Investment opportunities in communication services include…
- Promotion and adoption of new and emerging information technologies in all forms of communication.
- Operationalization of an electronic money transfer service in the regional and some district post offices, and money fax in the other areas.
- Development of standards, new services and technologies within the industry.
- Investment in mobile phones.
- Maintenance of telecommunication equipment.
- Investment in rental letterboxes.
- Promotion of courier services.
- Supply equipment and materials.
- Rental of telefax, e-mail services and other IT equipment.