The Partner States have their Energy Master Plans that comprehensively cover the Lake Victoria Basin. According to the Plans, there are massive opportunities in investing in the hydropower and alternative sources of energy. These include…
Energy production and supply including hydropower generation;
- Supply of electricity from the national grid and those of neighboring East African countries;
- Development of geothermal, solar, wind and biogas energy products;
- Improved transport infrastructure to facilitate the distribution of petrol products; Investing in biomass technology;
- Production of improved kilns for charcoal production; and
- Production and sale of improved stoves and institutional stoves.