Youth Celebrating the 3rd Mara Day in Narok County, Kenya
The Planning for Resilience in East Africa through Policy, Adaptation, Research and Economic Development (PREPARED) is a medium-term, multi-organization program partially implemented in the East African Community.
The PREPARED programme is funded by USAID and implemented by different Partners under the coordination of key Partners including EAC and Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) Secretariats; IGAD Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC), the Regional Center for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD), andFEWS NET.
Programme Overall Objective
Overall objective of the programme to strengthen the resiliency and sustainability of East African economies, trans-boundary freshwater ecosystem and communities.
- Climate change adaptation, policy leadership, and action readiness of regional institutions improved;
- Resilient and sustainable management of biologically significant trans-boundary freshwater ecosystems in the EAC regional strengthened; and
- Resilient and sustainable drinking water supply, sanitation and wastewater treatment services in Lake Victoria Basin enhanced.
- Multi-sectoral--the programme touches on inter-woven sectors in the East African Community and Lake Victoria Basin;
- Multi-organizational--the programme is regionally coordinated and nationally implemented by multiple organizations in the East Africa.
- Evidence-based--programme interventions are informed by evidence generated through cutting-edge research.