CONSTRUCTION OF MRCC AT ENTEBBE, Ref – MoWT/WRKS/2022-23/00216
MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT
CONSTRUCTION OF MARITIME RESCUE COORDINATION
CENTRE AT ENTEBBE
IFB Number: MoWT/WRKS/2022-23/00216
- The Government of Uganda represented by the Ministry of Works and Transport has received financing from the African Development Bank hereinafter called the Bank toward the cost of the Construction of Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre at Entebbe The Ministry of Works and Transport intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Construction of Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre at Entebbe: “For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines and procedures for Investment Project Financing.
- The Ministry of Works and Transport now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for construction of the Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre at Entebbe – Uganda which is a sub Centre of the Regional Maritime Rescue system for conducting Search and Rescue activities under the Multinational Lake Victoria Maritime Communication and Transport (MLVMCT) Project. The Works consists of Preliminaries, Construction of Control Building, Guard house, external works, boundary wall and a pump house. The Construction period shall be twelve (12) Months from the date of contract signature.
- Bidding will be conducted through the Open Competitive Bidding, (OCB) procedures as specified in the Bank’s Procurement Framework and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Framework.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Procurement and Disposal Unit, Ministry of Works and Transport (firstname.lastname@example.org) and inspect the bidding document during office hours at the address given in 8 below.
- The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Uganda shillings: One hundred thousand only (UGX.100,000) .The method of payment will be through banks authorized to receive non tax revenue. The document will be picked from the address in 8 below. A Pre-Bid meeting shall take place on 23rd June 2023 at 11.00 AM at Fisheries Training Institute – Entebbe and a site visit will be conducted by the Employer on. 23rd June 2023 at 09.00 AM at Fisheries Training Institute – Entebbe
- Bids must be delivered to the address in 8 on or before 9th August 2023 at 11:00am (East African Time). Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address in 8 below on 9th August 2023 at 11:30am (East African Time).
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of Uganda Shillings: One hundred and Twenty Million Shillings (UGX. 120Million) only or equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
- The address(es) referred to above is (are):
Attention: Head Procurement and Disposal Unit
Ministry of Works and Transport, Plot 57-59, Jinja Road
P. O Box 7174 Kampala
ZIP Code: 256
Country: Uganda Email: email@example.com